commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <>
Subject Re: [site] shorter descriptions on index
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 09:21:34 GMT
On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 00:30 -0700, Henri Yandell wrote:
> The descriptions of the components on the index page seemed quite
> wordy and noisy to me when I was trying to create a one page summary,
> so I edited out the redundant text and chopped it down a bit. Here's
> the modified index page:
> Any interest?

+1 on almost all of this.

I think codec should mention phonetic/base64/URL, as "encode/decode" is
just a little to general to give an idea of its purpose.

Lang could perhaps be "Utilities similar to standard java.lang classes"
or somesuch.

CSV can be further compressed: "Reading and writing comma separated
value files".

id: "Generate globally unique identifiers"

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message