commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [logging] RC on ibiblio ?
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 08:41:09 GMT
On Wed, 2006-04-05 at 10:05 +0200, Nicolas De Loof wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can someone upload commons-logging RC on Maven2 ibiblio repository ?
> It would be very cool to also upload a POM and the sources jar...

That would be a good idea.

We should also provide a link on the downloads page or something
similar. Just today a work colleague was looking for a later version
than 1.0.4 in order to get log4j TRACE support. I told him there was an
RC out, but there was just no way for him to locate it...

By the way, there is still an outstanding discussion about whether to
add JDK14Logger back into the commons-logging-api.jar file. It was there
in the previous release. It probably shouldn't be; it's not logical.
However it does no harm as far as I can see, and the point was made that
because the current RC doesn't include it, it isn't a drop-in
replacement.

So I'm +1 on adding JDK14Logger back to the api jar, then cutting a new
RC and uploading to ibiblio + linking from useful places.

Alternatively, we could just make the above change then hold a release
vote. I think we've given this RC enough time for feedback.

Cheers,

Simon