commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Move Commons Proxy to Proper
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2006 16:06:41 GMT
Outside projects (currently my Syringe project and the "Crispy" project
at sourceforge) are beginning to want to use Commons Proxy, but are finding
it difficult since it's in the sandbox and no releases are available.  I
believe Proxy's API is close to being ready for a release candidate.
Moving it to the proper will help us prepare it for an
official release.  There are some classes that I might remove altogether,
since they feel rather "frameworky" (the CachedProvider is one of them).
I've cut/signed a mock 1.0 release and it can be found in my home directory
(/home/jcarman/commons-proxy-1.0-release) on www.apache.org.  Can you folks
take a look at it and let me know what you think?