commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Fwd: [Chain] CatalogFactoryBase Question.
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2006 21:26:20 GMT
On 3/16/06, Ramaswamy, Muthu <mramaswamy@gers.com> wrote:

> Hi All-
>
> I am new to Chain; any input would help.
>
> The CatalogFactoryBase is using its own HashMap to stack/store the
> processed Catalog. In my case, I wish to stack those Catalog in my own
> Cache. We are using JBoss Tree-Cache. If I want to push those catalog to
> JBoss Tree-Cache, how can this be done? Do I have to write my own
> CatalaogFactoryBase to push it to Cache or write my own Digester Rules,
> process Catalog and push it to Cache without the use of CatalogFactory?
>
> Does Chain already support the above requirements? If yes, how? Appreciate
> your input.

To do what you want, you're going to need to implement your own
CatalogFactory instance, instead of using the default one.  There is not
currently a clean mechanism to configure such a beast (but it makes sense to
want such a capability) ... could you please file an RFE issue in the issue
tracking system?

  http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/

Thank you.

> -Muthu Ramaswamy