commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project commons-math (in module jakarta-commons) failed
Date Sun, 05 Mar 2006 21:52:43 GMT
Niall reminded me of this.  Math has at least one test that requires
swingui, which isn't there in JUnit HEAD.  As a result, Math was changed to
depend on the packaged junit-3.8.x.jar so that it would still build.  Most
other projects work fine with JUnit HEAD, so they don't even get attempted
while JUnit is failing.

Ant only has an optional dependancy on JUnit HEAD, so it simply chooses not
to create ant-junit.jar when it builds.  The result is that Math doesn't
have ant-junit.jar available to it, so it fails.

Of course, the best thing would be to convince the JUnit people to fix the
broken commit that is causing it to fail :).  A temporary solution would be
to change Math depend on JUnit HEAD, and switch it back when JUnit starts
building again.

"Henri Yandell" <flamefew@gmail.com> wrote in message
Math's build.xml is generated from Maven though. It can't be the only
one - so why don't they fail too?

A Maven version thing?

Hen