commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [io] Release tests for Commons IO 1.2 RC5
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2006 00:35:46 GMT
On 3/13/06, Stephen Colebourne <scolebourne@btopenworld.com> wrote:
> All. Please test RC5 or your SVN copy. It should fix the OS X issues,
> but obviously I can't actually test that...
>
> http://people.apache.org/~scolebourne/commons-io/

<snip/>

Late response as I was traveling, but IMO, the FileSystemUtils test in
question is always going to be trouble (though it passes on my
machines -- home-brew Linux and XP). Environment variables such as
POSIXLY_CORRECT (*nix) or BLOCKSIZE (OS X) can alter the default df
output, so df usage without the normalizing -k switch in freeSpace()
makes the test fragile.

Having said that, I'm largely +1 to the release, and in the process of
trying to figure out which thread to vote on ...

-Rahul