commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] Rest of commons
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2006 22:43:42 GMT
On 3/7/06, Stephen Colebourne <scolebourne@btopenworld.com> wrote:
> Rahul Akolkar wrote:
<snip/>

> > If this proposal means a departure from the "rest of Commons" of the
> > part of the community that is interesting only in JLC, then this is a
> > loss. While you (Stephen) may be inclined towards the shallow-broad
> > variety, the fact that the latest usecase for scxml comes out of your
> > slides is still invaluable, IMO. We have to address the future of
> > *all* of Commons in such proposals, I tend to feel they're a tad
> > incomplete otherwise.
>
> You asked about the 'rest of commons'. But I don't want to dictate, I
> really don't. I'd prefer that those who are active in these areas made a
> couple more groups from the remainder of commons.

<snap/>

Stephen -

I appreciate you taking a stab at this. While I did use an example
that had your "API style preference" in it, it wasn't my intent to put
you (or any single person) on the spot at all. As I mentioned, I
believe *we* need to think about Commons/Jakarta as a whole -- and JLC
isn't declaring victory by itself. Lets hope this thread (and the
others already on general@) spawn the beginnings of good things for
roC.

Again, thank you.
-Rahul