commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: commons-vfs release
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 16:05:08 GMT
<snip/>
> Now what happend? I was frustrated, and this feeling is still alive. Not
> only due to the fact that this is not allowed, but also while it took so
> long time to appear.

<snap/>

I understand some frustration that it look so many RCs to surface, but
you shouldn't have any about it being "not allowed" -- I'd say the
first thing to check when adding dependencies is things such as
license compatibility, released status etc. But thats water under the
bridge, maybe we can begin afresh thinking about a VFS 1.0. So, moving
on to another email in this thread ...

> Hi!
> > I'd rather vfs depend on slide then to copy the classes over.
> >
> Yes, this is as it is now, but if slide didnt manage to release we will
> never see a vfs release :-(

<snip/>

There are other options too.

Slide affects the webdav provider, compress affects the tar and bzip2
providers. Is there something that stops a VFS 1.0 with the rest of
the providers (without these three)? Sure, it makes the 1.0 less than
what we'd like it to be, but still probably better than waiting for
slide (or some other foo release).

-Rahul