commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [scxml] Stopwatch example (and Maven 2)
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 15:15:15 GMT
> I tried the StopWatchDisplay example, and with JDK 1.5.0_06 on WinXP Pro, it
> looks like this:
>   http://people.apache.org/~wsmoak/commons-scxml/scxml-stopwatch.gif
> <http://people.apache.org/%7Ewsmoak/commons-scxml/scxml-stopwatch.gif>
>
> I changed it (around line 110) to get it to look right:
> -       setSize(250,125);
> +        setSize(300,125);

<snip/>

;-)

As the Java comments indicate, at the least it needs to stop rendering
HTML in JLabels (and use a cross-platform L&F UI manager). Hopefully,
I will be done with the "user guide" for the website soon so I can
finish this little GUI [1].

Thanks for the feedback. Tim pointed out that the usecases for SCXML
were "backwards", meaning you had to know RDCs or Shale before you
could understand them. That was a broken model, this one hopefully
helps the cause.

> Neat. :)
>
> And, since it wasn't in cvs.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository, I
> converted project.xml to a Maven 2 pom. (At least enough to run the tests
> and install the jar.  It probably needs more work.)
>  http://wiki.wsmoak.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?StateChartXML

<snap/>

Nice, thank you. I wish I knew all the things I could do with it, that
I couldn't do with m1. Guess its time to install m2 and start reading
the m2 docs ;-)

-Rahul

[1] http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/scxml/usecases/scxml-stopwatch.html