commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [configuration] User guide
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 21:38:22 GMT
On 3/1/06, Oliver Heger <oliver.heger@t-online.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> maybe it's a question of taste, but I would prefer a single (logic)
> document for our user guide (with a global table of contents) over the
> lose collection of howtos we have now. If nobody objects, I will work on
> such a document.

<snip/>

For [scxml], a similar effort is underway, we have a logically single,
and growing user guide [1], with a ToC that attempts to tie things
together. In addition, we have usecases [2] -- a usecases section may
not be too relevant for [configuration].

When I look at [configuration] docs, I see the overview page [3] as
the ToC that attempts to tie things in. That theme probably needs to
be more pronounced, and link to the individual howtos -- is that what
you meant?

I have no objections to any changes ;-) but since I'm working on docs
too ATM, just trying to see if I understand the undercurrent here.

-Rahul

[1] http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/scxml/guide.html
[2] http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/scxml/usecases.html
[3] http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/configuration/overview.html