commons-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems...
Date Sun, 05 Mar 2006 12:42:47 GMT
> Putting some (approximate) numbers on the traffic to make things
> clearer. The number of mails so far during 2006 for the proposed
> lists:
>
>  563 commons-user
> 1396 commons-dev (excluding the new lists below)
>  132 commons-wiki (I think this can be included in commons-dev)
>  861 commons-issues
>  710 commons-commits
>  370 commons-ci (this is GUMP)
>
> To put this into context, here are the numbers for the current list
> setup:
>
>  563 commons-user
> 3469 commons-dev

Many people already complain about the amount of traffic.
You know what happens if we split the list like that?
Many people will do is to unsubscribe to

  commons-wiki
  commons-issues
  commons-commits
  commons-ci

...which means less oversight about the project.
Not sure if that would be a good move.

At least we should make it compulsory for committers
to be subscribed to all these lists.

My 2 cents

cheers
--