commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL][all] Break dependency on commons-build
Date Sat, 11 Mar 2006 23:23:02 GMT
On 3/11/06, Stephen Colebourne <scolebourne@btopenworld.com> wrote:
> Dennis Lundberg wrote:
> > Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> > It looks good. Personally I like this l&f better than the "old" one, but
> > that's a matter of taste I guess.
> I deliberately chose to 'enhance' a few things :-)
>
> > - The breadcrumbs line uses a smaller font with less padding, in your
> > example
>  > - Copyright notice is now smaller and to the right instead of left
>  > - Navbar headings are now underlined
>  > - Navbar has arrows indicating folded menus, for "Project Info" and
>  > "Project Reports"
>  > - Icons for external links have been added
>  > - The content area seem identical to me.
> Deliberate
>
> > - Links in the non-content areas have a slightly different color
> Ah. Maybe should make a little brighter, although the old colour was too
> bright IMHO.
>
> > - The sections "About us" and "Commons Resources (Unofficial)" are
> > missing from the navbar. I guess this is due to not using the menus from
> > commons-build.
> This is a problem, and I can't figure out why. You may be able to help
> here. No matter what entity I use, the sections aren't picked up.
>
> All I can think is that its caused by no longer using the commons-site.jsl.

Oh crap, I think that is the case.  I remember fussing with this:

<jsl:applyTemplates select="$nav/body/menu[@type='header']"/>
<jsl:applyTemplates select="$nav/body/menu[not(@type)] | $nav/body/search"/>
<jsl:applyTemplates select="$projectNav/body/menu"/>
<jsl:applyTemplates select="$nav/body/menu[@type='footer']"/>

when getting the jsl to work with xdoc 1.9.  I think it is because the
entities use the type attrbute that the stock jsl does not pay
attention to.

Phil