commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [math] Prime Numbers Library.
Date Sat, 11 Mar 2006 23:08:49 GMT
On 3/11/06, Paul Libbrecht <paul@activemath.org> wrote:
> I would fear of a library providing such functionality be enormous...
> any modularity in commons-math planned ?

Good question, which comes up over and over again in [math].  That's
why I suggested that we focus on primality testing, which is something
with practical applications and that could define a more narrow scope.
 I don't see any harm in experimenting a little in this area.  Could
be I am wrong though and this will lead us off into a large amount of
code.  I am not a number theorist and have only passing familiarity
with the algorithms for primality testing.  WDYT?

When you say "modularity" do you mean splitting up the jar artifacts
produced?  I thnk we have talked about that before and could be it
will make sense eventually to do this.  Do you think the 1.1 jar is
too big?

Phil