commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL][all] Break dependency on commons-build
Date Sat, 11 Mar 2006 18:55:26 GMT
I am +1 on the style stuff.  By all means, lets get rid of
commons-site.jsl.  If you personally are OK with the l&f that you can
get, this will probably be fine, since IIRC, you were the one with
reservations in the past on just using the maven classic syle.  That
will get rid of the xdoc 1.9.2 requirement.  Can you post an example?

The menus is giving me a little hesitation, though I want to support
the completely independent builds objective.  Maybe we can just agree
to duplicate the basic stuff into the individual navs. The things that
I would personally not like to see go are  the "About us..." at the
top and "General Information" bits.  Maybe there is a more clever way
(other than moving to m2 ;-) to get the necessary files assembled at
build time.  In the past, I thought about playing with the scm plugin
to update duplicate local copies, but never did this, because I
thought a cleaner solution should be possible.  The nav dependency is
also the reason that maven 1.1 does not work at present.

Phil