commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Sandy McArthur" <sandy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dbcp unit test failures with Pool 1.3 [was: [VOTE] Release Pool 1.3 based on 1.3-rc4]
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 02:59:51 GMT
> On 3/28/06, robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 19:43 -0700, Phil Steitz wrote:
> > > <snip/>
> > >
> > > Yes.  This is bad and I agree this test case should be removed, as it
> > > depends on the implementation of the underlying pool, which is not
> > > part of [dbcp].  If there are no objections, I will remove this test
> > > case.
> >
> > or replace with a mock pool implementation (if possible)
>
> This is an interesting idea.  Would appreciate suggestions on how
> exactly to do this.

I haven't dug into Dbcp code but I think the GenericObjectPool is deep
within Dbcp as an internal data structure and I'd be surprised if it
let you specify a specific pool implementation.

Even if you do mock the pool, the test would be testing the behavior
of the mock pool as called through Dbcp. I think any interesting
interaction with the GOP would be implicitly tested by other unit
tests.

--
Sandy McArthur

- Thomas Paine