commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Sandy McArthur" <sandy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [pool] Announcing Release Candidate 2 for Pool 1.3
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2006 20:45:51 GMT
On 3/23/06, Oliver Heger <oliver.heger@t-online.de> wrote:
> I tested RC2 with Commons Configuration and did not find any problems
> (but this is not too meaningful because the dependency to Commons Pool
> is only used by a test case for the database configuration class).
>
> Some notes:
>
> - There is no release notes file in neither the source nor the binary
> distro.

Both have a readme with the highlights and info where a complete
release notes can be found.

Binary distro has docs/release-notes-1.3.html
Source distro has xdocs/release-notes-1.3.xml

Is something else needed?

> - LICENSE.txt and NOTICE.txt have unix style line endings in the zips.
> (This is not a problem for me, but was cause for some discussions in the
> past.)

I'm on a mac os x box and unix style would be the default. How do
other projects solve this other than building on win32?

> - I had a problem building with ant (ClassNotFoundError for
> junit/textui/TestRunner), but this can be a problem with my setup (did
> not do much with ant recently).

the junit.jar property needs to be set as a path to the junit jar.
This is showed in tbe build.proerties.sample file.

--
Sandy McArthur

- Thomas Paine