commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Sandy McArthur" <sandy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DBCP] and [POOL] am I in the right place?
Date Sat, 18 Mar 2006 22:42:04 GMT
On 3/18/06, Pete Steijn <psteijn@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am looking to contribute to the DBCP and also POOL packages with some
> ideas that I have come up with through work at my university.  I am,
> however, new to mailing lists.

I'm interested in hearing what you are thinking. A lot has been done
with Pool since the last release. Pool 1.3 is just about ready IMO and
much of the work planed for a 2.0 release has been committed to the
trunk. Also, I've implemented a new pool implementation that uses a
builder pattern to compose an optimally performing pool
implementations for the requested configuration. That implementation
is currently working it's way through the incubator since it was
written before I was an Apache committer.

Dbcp depends significantly on Pool and a number of the problems with
it are inherited from it using Pool which 1.2 and earlier have some
really broken behavior. I haven't thought much about Dbcp yet but it's
next on my personal task list after Pool 2.

Pool plans:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/PoolRoadMap

1.3 branch:
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta/commons/proper/pool/branches/1_3_RELEASE_BRANCH/

Pool 2.0:
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta/commons/proper/pool/trunk/

The composite pool impl being contributed:
http://sandy.mcarthur.org/pool/

--
Sandy McArthur

- Thomas Paine