commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Sandy McArthur" <sandy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [logging] SLF4J?
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2006 05:17:45 GMT
On 3/9/06, James Carman <james@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
> So, have we missed the boat?
>
> http://www.slf4j.org
>
> Is SLF4J going to take over?  I do like the fact that it relies on the user
> dropping the correct jar file in the classpath to choose the implementation
> (sounds familiar).

I think 1.4 j.u.logging is going to take over eventually. As time
passes people care less and less about older JVMs. The fact that j.u.l
already available to the programmer without any extra effort and not
an external dependency means a lot to people who don't prioritize
their passions as: their god, their country, their logging api, and
then their family. That said, inertia will keep clogging and log4j
around for a good while.

--
Sandy McArthur

- Thomas Paine