commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Sandy McArthur" <sandy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] jar signing with jarsigner
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 04:51:21 GMT
> Have you had good fortune with jar signing, or are you like me - it's
> an idea that you've never had time to pursue?

Only with respect to deploying an internal JavaWebStart app. And long
ago I stumbled across it once back when Java 1.3 was current and I was
using a profiler that instrumented all your byte code and since
JavaMail was signed and marked as secure I had to repackage it without
the signature so the classloader would load the instrumented classes.
The modern profilers I've used recently won't have this problem with
the hooks available in the modern JVMs.

--
Sandy McArthur

- Thomas Paine