commons-dev mailing list archives

From filip...@cirquedigital.com
Subject [VFS] handling of broken links
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2006 09:11:25 GMT
Hi,

I noticed something interesting in how VFS is handling symbolic
links that point to a non-existing file. They're mapped to
FileType.IMAGINARY and FileObject.exists() returns false.

You can make arguments that this is not that bad of a choice,
but it seems to be impossible to delete such a broken link
inside of VFS..

Anybody any ideas of how to resolve this ? I'm guessing that
it should either be a FileType.LINK or a regular FileType.FILE
and that exists() should return true, but that when accessing
the content an exception needs to be thrown.

Thanks in advance!
- Filip