commons-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Validator 1.3.0 based on RC2
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2006 14:22:39 GMT
On 3/20/06, Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/20/06, Phil Steitz <phil.steitz@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 3/19/06, Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > On 3/20/06, Phil Steitz <phil.steitz@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > > > On 3/19/06, Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > > > On 3/18/06, Phil Steitz <phil.steitz@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > > > > The maven build fails for me on RH FC2, both Sun JDK 1.5.0_06
and
> > > > > > 1.4.2_10 with the same failures attached below.  Could be my
local
> > > > > > setup or some undocumented config dependencies (I tried to config
the
> > > > > > javadoc thingy mentioned in maven.xml, but still see the same
> > > > > > failures).  I get the same failures with Ant, once build properties
> > > > > > are set.
> > > > >
> > > > > The stack traces are misleading - they're from an "exception test"
> > > > > that actually passes. The problem seems to be that
> > > > > CurrencyValidatorTest has failed for you. Could you post the output
> > > > > for that test please?
> > > >
> > > > Here is what I get, with either of the JDKs above and either maven
> > > > (1.0.2) or Ant (1.6.5).  Could be this is a problem with my local
> > > > setup?   Some of the errors in the report above seemed to be referring
> > > > to localization setup...?
> > >
> > > The three tests that are failing set the default Locale to Locale.UK
> > > (using Locale.setDefault) and then try and parse a number using the
> > > default currency pattern for the default Locale. The thing is, other
> > > JUnit tests in that package also do the same kind of thing, so its
> > > strange that only the currency test is failing.
> > >
> > > Its v.late here, so I'll need to look at this tommorrow. The only
> > > thing I can think of doing is put in a load of debug statements and
> > > ask you to run it (if you have the time and don't mind) and send me
> > > the output.
> >
> > Happy to do that.  I will be out of pocket for the next 10 hrs or so,
> > but will be happy to help later this eve (US EST).  I will do some
> > more investigating tonight.  Has anyone else tested on Linux?
>
> Thanks Phil appreciate the assistance. I've had a thought on this -
> I've used the UK Pound symbol (£) in my JUnit test case - but its not
> part of the standard ASCII character set like $ is and I think this is
> might be where the problem lies. I'm going to replace this to get the
> UK currenecy symbol from DecimalFormatSymbols (rather than hard coding
> in the java JUnit test). I'll post a test version for you to download
> and run.

OK I've created a test version which I'm hoping will resolve this,
source distros available here:

http://people.apache.org/~niallp/validator-1.3.0-PHIL/

Should just need to run "maven test" to verify if this has cured the problem.

tia

Niall

> > Phil
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: commons-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: commons-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message