commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Validator 1.3.0 based on RC2
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2006 13:40:20 GMT

> > > Here is what I get, with either of the JDKs above and either maven
> > > (1.0.2) or Ant (1.6.5).  Could be this is a problem with my local
> > > setup?   Some of the errors in the report above seemed to be referring
> > > to localization setup...?
> >
> > The three tests that are failing set the default Locale to Locale.UK
> > (using Locale.setDefault) and then try and parse a number using the
> > default currency pattern for the default Locale. The thing is, other
> > JUnit tests in that package also do the same kind of thing, so its
> > strange that only the currency test is failing.
> >
> > Its v.late here, so I'll need to look at this tommorrow. The only
> > thing I can think of doing is put in a load of debug statements and
> > ask you to run it (if you have the time and don't mind) and send me
> > the output.
>
> Happy to do that.  I will be out of pocket for the next 10 hrs or so,
> but will be happy to help later this eve (US EST).  I will do some
> more investigating tonight.  Has anyone else tested on Linux?

Thanks Phil appreciate the assistance. I've had a thought on this -
I've used the UK Pound symbol (£) in my JUnit test case - but its not
part of the standard ASCII character set like $ is and I think this is
might be where the problem lies. I'm going to replace this to get the
UK currenecy symbol from DecimalFormatSymbols (rather than hard coding
in the java JUnit test). I'll post a test version for you to download
and run.

Niall