commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Validator 1.3.0 based on RC2
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2006 04:34:56 GMT
> > On 3/19/06, Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 3/18/06, Phil Steitz <phil.steitz@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > The maven build fails for me on RH FC2, both Sun JDK 1.5.0_06 and
> > > 1.4.2_10 with the same failures attached below.  Could be my local
> > > setup or some undocumented config dependencies (I tried to config the
> > > javadoc thingy mentioned in maven.xml, but still see the same
> > > failures).  I get the same failures with Ant, once build properties
> > > are set.
> >
> > The stack traces are misleading - they're from an "exception test"
> > that actually passes. The problem seems to be that
> > CurrencyValidatorTest has failed for you. Could you post the output
> > for that test please?
>
> Here is what I get, with either of the JDKs above and either maven
> (1.0.2) or Ant (1.6.5).  Could be this is a problem with my local
> setup?   Some of the errors in the report above seemed to be referring
> to localization setup...?

The three tests that are failing set the default Locale to Locale.UK
(using Locale.setDefault) and then try and parse a number using the
default currency pattern for the default Locale. The thing is, other
JUnit tests in that package also do the same kind of thing, so its
strange that only the currency test is failing.

Its v.late here, so I'll need to look at this tommorrow. The only
thing I can think of doing is put in a load of debug statements and
ask you to run it (if you have the time and don't mind) and send me
the output.

Thanks for this.

Niall