commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Validator 1.2.1 based on RC2
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2006 00:48:59 GMT
On 3/16/06, Stephen Colebourne <scolebourne@btopenworld.com> wrote:
> Niall Pemberton wrote:
> > ------------
> > [ ] +1  I support this release
> > [ ] +0
> > [X] -0
> > [ ] -1  I do not support this release because...
> > ------------
>
> - The addition of the routines package should either be documented as
> not available for general use until v1.3, or the whole release should be
> v1.3. IMHO, such a major refactoring is unacceptable in a minor point
> release. (Hence -0)

I thought my reply earlier had satisfied you on this. Anyway, I'll
bump the version number up to 1.3.0 then.

> - MD5 didn't work for me, but I have a very dubious checker so don't put
> too much credence on that.
>
> - src distro doesn't unzip to a directory name ending with -src
> (optional change)
>
> Site issues:
> - Issue tracking page - link to create a new bug sets an invalid version

I tried it an it sets a version of "unspecified" - thats a valid
version and IMO is the correct thing to do. Tells us that the user
just took the default.

> - The Jakarta logo (top left) is different to most other commons sites,
> and causes the header images to clash and make the header double height
> when viewed at smaller browser widths

OK I'll change this.

> - The left navigation legend has been turned off

OK. I'll turn it back on.

> - Left navigation javadoc link should point at api-release

The docs are distributed locally - so in a released distro this will
point to the local "released" copy. When browsing online the latest.
I'll add a new "javadocs" menu with the released versions clearly
marked.

> - Left navigation svn javadoc link should be relative to avoid external link

I want it to not be relative - that way the link in the local copy
distributed with the distro will work and not be "broken".

> Stephen
> PS. I was trying to get to check out the RC before the vote, I just
> never got to it :-(

Hey, thanks for the feedback - its appreciated at whatever point in
the process :-)

Niall