commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [io] Help with testing on Unix - FileSystemUtils returns incorrect free space on Linux
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 05:14:40 GMT
> and the tests pass.  Could be I am missing something or there is
> something funny going on with the .lastModified impl.

I found on w2k the last modified was being rounded up to the nearest
second. Looks like on your platform its being rounded down. According
to the java.io.File javadoc for the setLastModified() method "all
platforms support file-modification times to the nearest second, but
some provide more precision".

So looks like my patch only partially fixed the issue - and your
solution to add a second ensures that the files created are correctly
sequenced wrt to age regardless of the impl.

Anyway, sorry for the noise - I only just noticed that Stephen and
Sandy had already conspired to fix this - I thought it was still an
ongoing issue.

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi?rev=383224&view=rev
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi?rev=383450&view=rev

Niall