commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [configuration] anyone working on "comments and layout preservation in .properties files" item of v1.3 ?
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 14:17:01 GMT
Horaci Macias wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I recently wrote custom code to read/write properties file while preserving comments
and I've just noticed this is part of one of the items on the roadmap for v1.3.

> Just wanted to know if anyone else is already working on this to avoid duplication of
efforts. If not then I'll try suggesting patches shortly.

> thanks,
>
> Horaci

Hi Horaci, this is on my todo list but I haven't started implementing
it. Feel free to submit code or suggestions. I had in mind a
PropertiesConfigurationLayout class tracking the position of the
properties. On adding a property the layout would find the other
properties with a similar prefix and add it next to them.

Emmanuel Bourg