commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Validator 1.3.0 based on RC2
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2006 20:07:19 GMT
Niall Pemberton wrote:

>On 3/20/06, Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>Happy to do that.  I will be out of pocket for the next 10 hrs or so,
>>>but will be happy to help later this eve (US EST).  I will do some
>>>more investigating tonight.  Has anyone else tested on Linux?
>>>

>>Thanks Phil appreciate the assistance. I've had a thought on this -
>>I've used the UK Pound symbol (£) in my JUnit test case - but its not
>>part of the standard ASCII character set like $ is and I think this is
>>might be where the problem lies. I'm going to replace this to get the
>>UK currenecy symbol from DecimalFormatSymbols (rather than hard coding
>>in the java JUnit test). I'll post a test version for you to download
>>and run.
>>

>OK I've created a test version which I'm hoping will resolve this,
>source distros available here:
>
>http://people.apache.org/~niallp/validator-1.3.0-PHIL/
>
>Should just need to run "maven test" to verify if this has cured the problem.
>
>tia
>
>Niall

On Suse Linux 9 I get the same errors as Phil. The special distro solves
the problem with CurrencyValidatorTest for me, but ValidatorTest is
still failing. Below is the test report.

Oliver

Testsuite: org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorTest
Tests run: 4, Failures: 2, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0,374 sec

Testcase:
testManualObject(org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorTest):    FAILED
Validation of the date formatting has failed.
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Validation of the date formatting
has failed.
    at
org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorTest.testManualObject(ValidatorTest.java:98)
    at
    at
    at org.apache.commons.jelly.tags.ant.AntTag.doTag(AntTag.java:185)
    at org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.TagScript.run(TagScript.java:279)
    at org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.ScriptBlock.run(ScriptBlock.java:135)
    at org.apache.commons.jelly.TagSupport.invokeBody(TagSupport.java:233)
    at org.apache.commons.jelly.tags.core.IfTag.doTag(IfTag.java:88)
    at org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.TagScript.run(TagScript.java:279)
    at org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.ScriptBlock.run(ScriptBlock.java:135)
    at
org.apache.maven.jelly.tags.werkz.MavenGoalTag.runBodyTag(MavenGoalTag.java:79)
    at
org.apache.maven.jelly.tags.werkz.MavenGoalTag$MavenGoalAction.performAction(MavenGoalTag.java:110)
    at com.werken.werkz.Goal.fire(Goal.java:639)
    at com.werken.werkz.Goal.attain(Goal.java:575)
    at com.werken.werkz.Goal.attainPrecursors(Goal.java:488)
    at com.werken.werkz.Goal.attain(Goal.java:573)
    at com.werken.werkz.Goal.attainPrecursors(Goal.java:488)
    at com.werken.werkz.Goal.attain(Goal.java:573)
    at
org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginManager.attainGoals(PluginManager.java:671)
    at org.apache.maven.MavenSession.attainGoals(MavenSession.java:263)
    at org.apache.maven.cli.App.doMain(App.java:488)
    at org.apache.maven.cli.App.main(App.java:1239)
    at
    at
    at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.run(Forehead.java:551)
    at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.main(Forehead.java:581)

Testcase:
testOnlyReturnErrors(org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorTest):    FAILED
null
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError
    at
org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorTest.testOnlyReturnErrors(ValidatorTest.java:146)