commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Colebourne <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Validator 1.2.1 based on RC2
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2006 23:36:56 GMT
Niall Pemberton wrote:
> ------------
> [ ] +1  I support this release
> [ ] +0
> [X] -0
> [ ] -1  I do not support this release because...
> ------------

- The addition of the routines package should either be documented as
not available for general use until v1.3, or the whole release should be
v1.3. IMHO, such a major refactoring is unacceptable in a minor point
release. (Hence -0)

- MD5 didn't work for me, but I have a very dubious checker so don't put
too much credence on that.

- src distro doesn't unzip to a directory name ending with -src
(optional change)

Site issues:
- Issue tracking page - link to create a new bug sets an invalid version

- The Jakarta logo (top left) is different to most other commons sites,
and causes the header images to clash and make the header double height
when viewed at smaller browser widths

- The left navigation legend has been turned off

- Left navigation javadoc link should point at api-release

- Left navigation svn javadoc link should be relative to avoid external link

Stephen
PS. I was trying to get to check out the RC before the vote, I just
never got to it :-(