commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian K. Wallace" <br...@transmorphix.com>
Subject Re: Blatant self promotion of blog
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2006 08:13:14 GMT

Henri -

  I like the "overview" - especially the separation of "New", "Notable"
and (my favorite) "Summary". It does give a quick 'overview'. As is I'd
probably prefer organization by component vs. issue number order, but
that's just me.

  However... ;-)

  I think your direction of a blog-type format at apache for committers
to post to would be a definite plus for this type of thing. Not sure I'd
go the 'blog' route, but I definitely wouldn't go Wiki-style, either.
(so what is left? :-/) This would allow the "more comments on an issue
makes it 'Notable'" theory to prevail vs. someone deciding it was
"Notable" to them. How the "Summary" would come about would be an
interesting point to ponder, tho'.

  All in all, it would be great if you're just looking at a few things -
but all of commons? Wow. That'd be... interesting. (hence my "not a
Wiki-style" view)

  And as a side question: With the "apache-way" of mailing lists,
wouldn't this be pseudo-circumventing that? (Not that I minimize the
benefit of 'summaries'/'roll-ups', just seems like duplicitous entry
which most people don't favor) And going the 'sounds good' route, it
almost seems like a "roll-up" would be more appropriately published to a
'list' somewhere as well. (Almost like the "Commons Bug Report" - but not.)

  My $0.01 ;-) (and thanks for sharing :-))

Brian