commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Colebourne <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL][all] Break dependency on commons-build
Date Sun, 12 Mar 2006 20:40:31 GMT
robert burrell donkin wrote:
> why not give it a try and see if it improves things?

Both [lang] and [io] main sites are now updated via this new mechanism.
Thus both [io] and [lang] now have no direct dependency on commons-build
when building, whether from an svn checkout or from a released dist.

The full information is here:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/MavenWebsiteStucture

A key aspect of what I tried to do was KISS. It basically uses the
internet and web standards (like @import in CSS) to make the direct
connections rather than relative paths. The same is true of the entities
- http entities are better supported than relative ones.

The single central CSS should also prove very useful at ApacheCon time.

I hope that a mavenite may be able to tell us if this helps us use maven
1.1 as I understood that the relative paths were a headache.

Stephen