commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Maven changelog help
Date Sun, 12 Mar 2006 17:55:43 GMT
Sandy McArthur wrote:
> I'm trying to prep the Pool 1.3 branch and I'm unable to get the Maven
> Changelog plugin to produce anything other than just the last 30 days.
>
> I've added the following to the project.properties:
> maven.changelog.type=date
> maven.changelog.date=2004-06-07
>
> http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/plugins/changelog/
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/building.html says I need Maven
> 1.0.2 which I got. Was type=date support added in Maven 1.1? Should I
> use 1.1 instead?

I did some tests and found that this does not work with
maven-changelog-plugin 1.7.2, which is the one shipped with Maven 1.0.2.
Using version 1.8.1 made it work.

If you have a look at the file "pluginUpdate.txt" in commons-build you
will find an entry there for changelog that suggest that you should
upgrade to version 1.8.2.

Or else you can add this section to the project.xml for pool:

     <dependency>
       <groupId>maven</groupId>
       <artifactId>maven-changelog-plugin</artifactId>
       <version>1.8.2</version>
       <url>http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/plugins/changelog/</url>
       <type>plugin</type>
       <properties>
           <comment>
               &lt;strong&gt;Site Only&lt;/strong&gt; - v1.8.2 (minimum)
           </comment>
       </properties>
     </dependency>

--