commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Colebourne <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL][all] Break dependency on commons-build
Date Sun, 12 Mar 2006 00:31:49 GMT
New version of site updated to
http://people.apache.org/~scolebourne/commons-io/site/

This includes a simplified shared menu. The new design greatly reduces
the clutter (there were too many submenus before). It also places the
shared menu below the project menu, which is correct.

I have removed
- the contributors list (use the team list of the project, or navigate
to commons)
- the charter (navigate to commons)
- jakarta get involved (use volunteering which links to get involved)
- mailing lists (use project mailing lists)
- related (not related to project, but related to commons)

I would still like to see some way to remove any dependency on
commons-build. At the moment, my release plan is
a) delete commons-build dependency from navigation.xml
b) build dist
c) reinstate dependency
d) build site
This isn't fun.

Could we publish menus.dtd at a fixed URL and solve the problem that way?

Stephen