commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL][all] Break dependency on commons-build
Date Sat, 11 Mar 2006 22:36:39 GMT
Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> Phil Steitz wrote:
>> I am +1 on the style stuff.  By all means, lets get rid of
>> commons-site.jsl.  If you personally are OK with the l&f that you can
>> get, this will probably be fine, since IIRC, you were the one with
>> reservations in the past on just using the maven classic syle.  That
>> will get rid of the xdoc 1.9.2 requirement.  Can you post an example?
>
> See http://people.apache.org/~scolebourne/commons-io/site/
> Its pretty close to the current commons site

It looks good. Personally I like this l&f better than the "old" one, but
that's a matter of taste I guess.

If we are aiming for something that looks as close to the original as
possible, there are a few things that are different:

- The breadcrumbs line uses a smaller font with less padding, in your
example
- Copyright notice is now smaller and to the right instead of left
- Links in the non-content areas have a slightly different color
- Navbar headings are now underlined
- The sections "About us" and "Commons Resources (Unofficial)" are
missing from the navbar. I guess this is due to not using the menus from
commons-build.
- Navbar has arrows indicating folded menus, for "Project Info" and
"Project Reports"
- Icons for external links have been added

The content area seem identical to me.

Let me know I can help with something.

<snip/>

--