commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Colebourne <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL][all] Break dependency on commons-build
Date Sat, 11 Mar 2006 22:15:29 GMT
Phil Steitz wrote:
> I am +1 on the style stuff.  By all means, lets get rid of
> commons-site.jsl.  If you personally are OK with the l&f that you can
> get, this will probably be fine, since IIRC, you were the one with
> reservations in the past on just using the maven classic syle.  That
> will get rid of the xdoc 1.9.2 requirement.  Can you post an example?
See http://people.apache.org/~scolebourne/commons-io/site/
Its pretty close to the current commons site

> The menus is giving me a little hesitation, though I want to support
> the completely independent builds objective.  Maybe we can just agree
> to duplicate the basic stuff into the individual navs.
Possibly. Prefer not to though. Robert indicated he had an idea too. For
now, commons-io will still use commons-build for the live website, but
not for that in the download (which is a pain as it requires fiddling
with the fles)

Stephen