commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Colebourne <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release IO 1.2
Date Sat, 11 Mar 2006 14:49:21 GMT
robert burrell donkin wrote:
> 1 having the jar in the source distribution seems a little odd. i'd be
> interested in the reasons behind this decision.
The jar is the primary goal of downloading, and we all know that
compiliing the jar under the right JDK and build conditions can be
difficult. All collections and io source dists have included the jar.

> 2 AFAICT only the java docs (and not the maven documentation) is shipped
> with the binary distribution. is this intentional?
The dist is performed using ant to ensure correct JDK building. The ant
script only includes the html. This was the standard bin dist format
before maven, and is the same for all collections/io/lang buiilds.

> 3 the raw jar will need to be signed and summed before it's made
> available through the apache java repository.
I don't think we are signing yet. A sum will be needed

Stephen