commons-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems...
Date Sun, 05 Mar 2006 00:37:06 GMT
Phil Steitz wrote:
> I agree with you, Brett and think our goal should be to make it as
> simple as possible to maintain the site.  I also like to be able to
> generate individual component "sites" individually.  There are two
> things in the current setup that create challenges:

These are what my m2 changes were designed to address. 1) should now be
supported by skinning, and if you need to change the template you can
provide a custom velocity descriptor. it's all self contained. 2) The
navigation is inherited making the menus work without entities.

Honestly, Lukas, Arnaud and Stephane are doing a great job maintaining
and pushing forward on Maven 1.1, so much so that I'm comfortable saying
that I'll never work on it again :) I assume they are aware of the
issues you are having. Particularly for the entities, I believe the
solution is going to be to put Xerces back in the distro as it appears
to just be JDK 1.4 that mishandles the entities.

- Brett