commons-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [daemon] Deploying maven 2 pom for release 1.0.1
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 13:49:53 GMT
Jörg Schaible wrote:
> Hi Henri,
>
> Henri Yandell wrote on Friday, March 03, 2006 5:33 AM:

>> http://test.maven.codehaus.org/maven2/commons-daemon/commons-d
>> aemon/1.0.1/

>>> If we start to add m2 poms to SVN I do think we should use the Maven
>>> 2 way to declare groupId, like this:
>>>
>>>    <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
>>>    <artifactId>commons-daemon</artifactId>
>>>
>> I think it should be:   org.apache.jakarta.commons
>>
>> It's not the package, just a grouping, so let's get it right at the
>> ASF this time.
>>
>> [I'm suggesting stuff on repostitory@apache that would force us to do
>> this btw :), we wouldn't have write permissions to org.apache.commons]
>>

> It is the recommended way to chose the package name as group id. If Jakartea wouldn't
have an own mirror into the repo at ibiblio, your upload would been refiesed by the Maven
team. And IMHO it is a good practice, because the user must not guess about an arbitrary chosen
groupId by the developers of a package.

Yes it is the recommended practice.  In fact I think they will begin
imposing this for jars at ibiblio.  I just finished maven2'ifying the
directory build and this was one of the *strong* recommendations made by
them.  Perhaps they can chime in.

Alex