commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] Proposal: Jakarta Language Components
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2006 01:45:48 GMT
> Henri Yandell wrote:
>  > It all comes back to my main problem - there is no Jakarta community.
>  > You're right about organic growth being the best way, let it happen.
>  > JLC will head off and enjoy its health etc. For Jakarta as a whole
>  > organic-growth of the subcommunities is not good.
>
> I'd actually like to suggest that having two or three viable and active
> communities within Jakarta which want to share stuff will help create
> the Jakarta-level community you so desire. Be patient, and don't force
> it :-)

Rearranging Jakarta into different islands than the islands of today
doesn't convince me that the project will see any change in community
overlap - in fact if it does create overlap, it'll be due to poor
decision making on our part at drawing up the components - or a need
for groupings to be more like taggings (though that'll be a pain in
the arse to deal with I think).

Hen