commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] Charter?
Date Sun, 05 Mar 2006 09:57:04 GMT
TLPs get quite heavily encouraged to have a charter, but as far as I
know it's not something they are mandated to do. Name-wise though it
does imply officialdom and observed legality.

When HTTP Components became a subproject, I know that they were
encouraged to create a charter, we were yet again mimicing the ASF as
a whole - it should die, it might have ended up being created because
of worries of HTTP Components scope - but that should be taken care of
by the scope of Jakarta as a whole.

 The Commons charter on the other hand is a different beast - it has a
tiny charter (which should die) and a large Guidelines section (which
should become a Guidelines page); along with various other pages
inlined into it - which should die or become part of our
documentation.

I thought that other subprojects had the same kind of thing and that
this was some kind of 5 year old legacy - but I can't see any others
at the moment.

Hen