commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [email] ant dist fails / dependencies not found
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 11:04:01 GMT
On 3/2/06, C. Grobmeier <grobmeier@possessed.de> wrote:

> > How about building against the Geronimo versions?
> > http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/geronimo-spec/jars/geronimo-spec-activation-1.0.2-rc4.jar
> > http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/geronimo-spec/jars/geronimo-spec-javamail-1.3.1-rc5.jar
>
> sorry for my asking again, but why is it a problem to keep javamail-jars
> for Commons Mail but not for having jars for geronimo? Couldn't we have
> something like: commons-javamail-1.3.1.jar?
>
> - - Chris.

The geronimo spec jars are clean-room implementations of the Sun
libraries; rather than copies for Geronimo use. So they're not
encumbered by baroque licensing conditions.

Really need to make a Jakarta page that lists the various open spec
implementations at the ASF (and elsewhere) so we can get off the BCL
licensed crap.

Hen