commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Steijn" <pste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [pool] why the composite pool implementation isn't plugable [was: picking descriptive class names]
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2006 01:53:11 GMT

> > > 2.1 because we'd rather get 2.0 out first, instead of waiting to try
> > > out the ideas? If you guys think its appropriate, you might even move
> > > that conversation here? Maybe others are interested as well; I am :-)
> > > Plus it will give us better background while reading the commit
> > > messages.
> >
> > Peter Steijn initiated the private email to me. It's up to him if he
> > wants to discuss it on list. I will let him talk about his ideas for
> > his thesis to whomever he chooses.
> >
> <snap/>
>
> Ofcourse, wanted to let him know I was interested as well.

Hi!

This is Peter Steijn.  I just wanted to let everyone who is interested know
that I am in the process of writing two different implementations of my
proposed optimization for the object pool module.

Look forward to some alpha code and also a formal explanation sometime
within the next day or two.

-Pete