commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Boris Unckel" <boris.unckel....@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [logging] JCL1 LogFactory incompatibility with WAS
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 08:06:41 GMT
Good Morning,

> Von: robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk>
>
> it should work equally well with the adapters jar removed. (this is the
> behaviour on WAS6.)

the testcase EAR and WAR without any commons-logging.jar should have been in
the last mail's result zip.

It is a question of the use case: If I want to have my own file (i.E. with
log4j) for logging of my webapp, the behaviour of WAS to have the logging of
jcl redirected to their own internal logging is bad. Some parts will go to
the logj4j log, some to the internal logging.

By the way:
I have decompiled IBMs JCL classes (TrLog). The have nothing special in it,
but their caller to the internal log - boring.

Regards
Boris