commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Arnaud HERITIER" <aherit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [configuration] please use <optional> in POM
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2006 12:56:17 GMT
The documentation about scopes is defined here :
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-dependency-mechanism.html
In maven 1, even if we don't use the scope for dependencies, you can define
them with

<dependency>
  <groupId>???</groupId>
  <artifactId>????</artifactId>
  <version>????</version>
  <properties>
    <scope>test</scope>
  </properties>
</dependency>

It will be used for the documentation
http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/dependencies.html

and to convert the m1 pom to the m2 pom in the repository
http://mavenbook.xwiki.com/xwiki/bin/view/Main/BeMaven2Friendly

cheers

Arnaud