commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject [all] MD5 and PGP generation [Was: [feedparser] News / Status]
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 18:52:23 GMT
Here's an Ant target we use in JMeter for creating MD5 checksums:

<!--
    Utility target to create MD5 checksums in standard format (with *filename)
    Usage:
   <antcall target="_md5">
       <param name="path" value="${dist.dir}/${dist.name}_src.tar"/>
   </antcall>
-->
<target name="_md5" unless="md5.skip">
    <echo message="Creating MD5 for ${path}"/>
    <basename property="_base" file="${path}"/>
    <checksum file="${path}" property="md5"/>
    <echo message="${md5} *${_base}" file="${path}.md5"/>
</target>

Creating a PGP key is as simple as:

      $ gpg -ba file

or using the verbose flags:

      $ gpg --armor --output foo.tar.gz.asc --detach-sig foo.tar.gz

once you have installed GnuPG (which is not all that difficult)

See: http://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html

S.