commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Boris Unckel" <boris.unckel....@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [logging] JCL1 LogFactory incompatibility with WAS
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 17:38:04 GMT
Good evening,

I have done an additional test.
> Von: Simon Kitching <skitching@apache.org>
> Boris, would you please replace commons-logging-1.1-RC5.jar with
> commons-logging-adapters-1.1-RC5.jar in your webapp and retest?
Yes, it does work. I did not setup a system property and everything was
fine.

> This
> should solve the problem. It would also be useful if you could try
> commons-logging.jar from 1.0.4 with this webapp and verify that a
> logging failure occurs.
To be done.

> General comment: the fact that WAS has a custom LogFactory
> implementation means that most of the improvements we added to the 1.1
> release of JCL won't be available to WAS. The only thing we need to do
> is make sure that the changes we made to the base LogFactory abstract
> class haven't made anything *worse*. I'll review the changes to
> LogFactory.java to see if there are any implications for custom
> implementations. Maybe the user guide could do with a note about the
> fact that WAS uses a custom LogFactory implementation....
No. I tried the following:
I have replaced the original IBM supplied 1.0.3 commons-logging-api.jar with
the RC5 one. It works fine. You can see the expected diagnosted output.

See details in the appended .txt

Regards
Boris