commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Colebourne <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: [validator] Comments on Validator 1.2.1 based on RC2
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2006 11:00:34 GMT
--- Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:
> > - Issue tracking page - link to create a new bug
> sets an invalid version
>
> I tried it an it sets a version of "unspecified" -
> thats a valid
> version and IMO is the correct thing to do. Tells us
> that the user just took the default.
My expectation was that it would highlight v1.3 as
that is the version the bug is reported against, but
its not something I'm blocking on.

> > - Left navigation javadoc link should point at
> api-release
>
> The docs are distributed locally - so in a released
> distro this will
> point to the local "released" copy. When browsing
> online the latest.
> I'll add a new "javadocs" menu with the released
> versions clearly marked.
I would have kept the SVN latest docs in the
development menu (as it should only be used by
advanced 'developer' users). Also, I would have named
it Javadocs not JavaDocs as it looks nicer :-) Hardly
release breakers though.

> > - Left navigation svn javadoc link should be
> relative to avoid external link
>
> I want it to not be relative - that way the link in
> the local copy
> distributed with the distro will work and not be
> "broken".
I don't think this is correct, as the apidocs folder
is in the release. Unless you want to actually connect
to the true latest docs, in which case the http link
is needed.

Stephen