commons-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Jakarta-commons Wiki] Trivial Update of "MathWishList" by SharonLourduraj
Date Sun, 12 Mar 2006 18:36:39 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by SharonLourduraj:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/MathWishList

   * QR decomposition (used for multiple regression)
   * Replace some of the discrete pmf and pdf methods with methods based on Catherine Loader's
alogorithms [http://www.herine.net/stat/papers/dbinom.pdf].  These algorithms address some
of the problems we experienced with large parameter values and have been adopted by many software
packages including R.
   * Implement the Levenberg-Marquardt method [http://mathworld.wolfram.com/Levenberg-MarquardtMethod.html]
-- CarlManaster
-  * Prime Numbers Functionality - PrimeNumbers [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primality_test]
-- SharonLourduraj
+  * [wiki:PrimeNumbers Prime Numbers Functionality] -- SharonLourduraj
        * Naive Primality Testing
        * Probablistic Tests
        * Ofcourse, we will take it slowly, this area is vast and time consuming.