commons-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <>
Subject [Jakarta-commons Wiki] Update of "Pool" by SandyMcArthur
Date Sun, 05 Mar 2006 03:39:47 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by SandyMcArthur:

The comment on the change is:
updated synchronize faq question

  Q: If I have multiple threads calling into my method which contains the borrowObject call,
  do I have to synchronize around this, or are borrowObject and returnObject thread safe?
- A: They appear to be thread safe. I haven't extensively studied the source the relevant
code is synchronized.
+ A: It's implementation dependent. The implementations that come in the official download
are thread safe. Of course it is possible this may change in the future if new implementations
are added to the package. Be sure to check the !JavaDocs.
  Q: What is the general purpose of pooling Interfaces ?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message