commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Gary Gregory" <ggreg...@seagullsoftware.com>
Subject RE: [all] Line width and such minutiae
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2006 23:33:28 GMT

Based on the February 18, 2004, Apache Software Foundation Board of
Directors Meeting Minutes, author tags are "discouraged".

From
http://www.apache.org/foundation/records/minutes/2004/board_minutes_2004
_02_18.txt

       Although initiated due to the current efforts for Spam Assassin,
       the board discussed at length the issues and guidelines regarding
       copyright ownership for the ASF.  It was agreed that all files
       should have 1 single copyright to the ASF.  Copyrights extend
       to the work as a whole, and the ASF must have these.  The
       use of the CHANGES files should note any "history" regarding
       copyrights and that the use of 'author' tags should be
       discouraged for this and other reasons.

Gary