commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Gary Gregory" <ggreg...@seagullsoftware.com>
Subject RE: [pool] BaseObjectPool.isClosed() visibility [was: Announcing Release Candidate 2 for Pool 1.3]
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 04:31:34 GMT
Sandy:

I am looking for a way to query the pool for its open/close state.

Background: for those who care ;)

When our app server shuts down, we have a couple of threads that need to
shutdown and clean up their resources. It so happens (don't ask) that
more than one thread may want to close() the pool.

When you call close() a second time (or more), you get an exception.
Alternatively, close() could be quiet, a no-op, if the pool is already
closed.

Right now, I have a subclass (hack) which implements an isOpen() method
which calls super.isClosed(). This is not what I want to do. Ideally,
I'd like to wrap the GenericObjectPool instance and not subclass it, but
that's another topic for our app.

Thanks,
Gary

Sandy